Using glob (was Re: Remove files of same type (extension))

Boyd Roberts boyd at insultant.net
Thu Sep 27 00:06:37 EDT 2001

"Peter Hansen" <peter at engcorp.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3BB298B9.B266995C at engcorp.com...
> Boyd Roberts wrote:
> >
> > "Peter Hansen" <peter at engcorp.com> a écrit dans le message news: 3BB1DDE2.DD45D2C8 at engcorp.com...
> > > I don't understand the part about it being only "with the complicity of ls".
> >
> > echo *
> > echo `ls`
>
> This is meaningless.  ls returns the non-hidden files.

i see you've used a unix system recently:

$ echo *
bin dead.letter junk pester.txt s src
$ echo `ls`
bin dead.letter junk pester.txt s src
$ echo .*
. .. .Xauthority .article .basser .cai .facesrc .forward.mhs .forward.plan9 .ft
.history .mail_dir .mailrc .mini .news_time .plan .planete .pnewsexpert .profile
 .sh_history .sig .smp.g8-3 .xsession-errors
$ echo `ls -a`
. .. .Xauthority .article .basser .cai .facesrc .forward.mhs .forward.plan9 .ft
.history .mail_dir .mailrc .mini .news_time .plan .planete .pnewsexpert .profile
 .sh_history .sig .smp.g8-3 .xsession-errors bin dead.letter junk pester.txt s s
rc
$

how much more chapter and verse would you like?