Interactive web image using Python

Hamish Lawson hamish_lawson at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 25 13:28:49 EDT 2001

Paul Boddie wrote:

> The last thing could, I suppose, be done by either saving the image
> somewhere which is accessible from the user's browser (so that the
> "img" tag can pick the generated image up from a static resource), by
> generating the image independently of the Web page (and imagemap) (so
> that the image is only generated when the browser attempts to load the
> "src" of the "img" tag), or by sending the image with the Web page to
> the browser. I must admit that I haven't looked too much into the
> latter, but it might be an elegant solution.

Paul, I've used the first two techniques you mention before; in each
case the IMG tag in the generated page specifies the URL of a resource
that the browser makes a separate request for. However I'm intrigued
by your third option, namely "sending the image with the Web page". By
this, do you mean sending back a multipart message that includes both
the HTML page and the generated image?

Hamish Lawson