Fatal Python error: ceval: tstate mix-up

Robin Dunn robin at stop.spam.alldunn.com
Thu Nov 8 17:23:30 EST 2001

<gb at cs.unc.edu> wrote in message news:ud72tjrne.fsf at cs.unc.edu...
> >This is probably going to be a bug in wxPython, but I'm not sure.
> >Have you got the latest version of such?
>
> Yes, I'm running wxpython 2.3.1. I was thinking that I didn't use any
> wxpython code in the second thread but now I see that I *do* call
> wxWakeUpIdle to get my GUI idle loop code to process the notification
> that the send is complete. Maybe wxWakeUpIdle isn't thread safe? I'll
> have to try using an event like the theaded example does.

It is safe, and is called from within the wxPostEvent function as well.

Are you by chance on a SMP box?  There was a long standing bug that only
showed up when using threads on an SMP machine that manifested as a tstate
problem.  The bug has been squashed in the 2.3.2 beta version.

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman