Fatal Python error: ceval: tstate mix-up

gb at cs.unc.edu gb at cs.unc.edu
Fri Nov 9 08:36:18 EST 2001

"Robin Dunn" <robin at stop.spam.alldunn.com> writes:

> It is safe, and is called from within the wxPostEvent function as well.
>
> Are you by chance on a SMP box?  There was a long standing bug that only
> showed up when using threads on an SMP machine that manifested as a tstate
> problem.  The bug has been squashed in the 2.3.2 beta version.

Hey! Hey! I bet that is it. I'm running on a dual-processor at work
and a single processor at home. I never see this problem on the
uni-processor.

So, if I set the processor afinity mask I should be able avoid this
problem. Or, I can upgrade to 2.3.2beta.

Is there already an interface to set processor afinity mask? Or will I
need to write one?

Thanks
gb