What's this: run_pyc_file: nested_scopes: 0?

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk
Fri Nov 23 10:31:50 EST 2001

"Werner Schiendl" <ws-news at gmx.at> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>this message is printed when you specify the flags parameter to a call to
>
>PyRun_SimpleFileExFlags
>PyRun_AnyFileExFlags
>
>this functions are used, an a flags parameter is passed, in Py_Main, the
>function that actually provides the entry for the python executable.
>
>How do you run your code?
>

>From a cmd prompt: python module.pyc args...

Under Windows 2000

>If the messages bothers you, you should be safe removing the line
>
>  fprintf(stderr, "run_pyc_file: nested_scopes: %d\n",
>   flags->cf_nested_scopes);
>
>in line 1079 of the file Python/pythonrun.c.

We have neither the building-Python knowledge or the time to start
meddling with the source code - but we really need to get rid of this
before we can start shipping this code.

Is that my only option?

--
Dale Strickland-Clark