What's this: run_pyc_file: nested_scopes: 0?

Werner Schiendl ws-news at gmx.at
Fri Nov 23 15:55:14 EST 2001

"Dale Strickland-Clark" <dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk> wrote in message
news:ciqsvts0pud08oeo4b3r4i260agt9vpq33 at 4ax.com...

> We have neither the building-Python knowledge or the time to start
> meddling with the source code - but we really need to get rid of this
> before we can start shipping this code.
>
> Is that my only option?

As I read the code, there is no simple way to turn it completely off w/o
changing the source code.
It looks a lot like a forgotten debugging aid :-)

I never built the Python interpreter myself, but there are project files for
Visual Studio available in the PCbuild directory.
By opening the working space file (.dsw) and compiling the python library,
you should be able to easily rebuilt it.

Alternatively, you can just redirect the standard error stream, if this is
an option.
Something like (untested)

python script.pyc 2> nil

hth