Displaying a picture with tkinter

Arthur Perlo perlo at mail.csb.yale.edu
Tue May 15 16:48:04 EDT 2001

Hi,

My program generates an image (picture), consisting of an
NxM array of 8- or 16-bit pixels. I want to display it in
my python application. I gather that I need the Image or
PhotoImage widget, but the only documentation I can find is
for loading the image from a file. My image is generated by
my program.

Can anyone point me to documentation or (preferably) sample
code that will show me how to do this?

(Unfortunately, I am not only new to python, but am ignorant
of Tk. I couldn't find understandable (by me) documentation
of this for Tk, either).

-- Art