Displaying a picture with tkinter

Bill Walker bwalker at earth1.net
Wed May 16 21:49:14 EDT 2001

Try this: (I didn't send the gif along, it is a pix of the Alpha Space
Station)

import Tkinter
tk=Tkinter
root=tk.Tk()
root.title("Alpha Space Station")

myCanvas = tk.Canvas(root, width=500, height=500)
photo = tk.PhotoImage(file="Alpha.gif")
myCanvas.create_image(250,250, image=photo)
myCanvas.pack()

root.mainloop()

news:3B019604.7F6DA095 at mail.csb.yale.edu...