PythonWin - modifying local variables?

Helen Dawson helend at accessone.com
Tue May 22 01:41:47 EDT 2001

PythonWin seems to have a tempting array of methods for modifying
local variables while debugging a script - but none of them work.

While sitting at a breakpoint in a Python program I can view
the locals in the interactive window, and I can modify them. However
if I am in a function scope then my modifications have no effect - and
they are are lost when I single step.

The call stack window also gives a couple of ways of editing values -
double click on a value and type in something new. However the
new value is ignored.

The watch window throws an exception if you try to edit a value.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to modify variables while
debugging in Python Win?

Thanks.

Bruce Dawson