Messaging in Py?

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Tue May 22 03:44:13 EDT 2001

>One reason I'm not enthusiastic about Elvin is that it doesn't
>support Python object serialization, only 'primitives' (iirc,
>ints, floats, strings -- I guess you could stuff non-bin pickled
>objects into string types, but ick!).

Take a look at "xml pickle," which pickles a python object
to a readible xml representation; it even manages to handle
cyclic graphs correctly.

>Hey, that's very cool! Maybe you could open source your prototype
>and turn it into a community project, ...

I've taken step one and created a open source project at
sourceforge at http://sourceforge.net/projects/pythonic.
Here, I'll be uploading some of my C extensions and things.
The reliable UDP messaging layer will have to wait, but
I don't see it as much of a problem.

C//