Problem with ActiveState support

Brian Quinlan brian at sweetapp.com
Tue May 15 11:52:59 EDT 2001

> I entered a bug report for PyPPM into the bug database (PyPPM doesn't
> work through my firewall, and there is no way of downloading and using
> a "Local" package repository, AFAICT).

Yeah, firewalls cause us no end of grief because they all seem to work
differently. But there is a way to install local .PPD files using pyppm,
just type the following from the command prompt:

pyppm install <local package>

> So far, I have received *no* response at all - not even an automated
> one. The bug tracking system shows the bug still in "not looked at"
> (!) status. There is no way I can add a comment to the report, so I
> can't ask what's going on.

We don't normally acknowledge receipt of bug reports. A lot of times bugs
stay marked "not looked at" because there is no category that better
represents the bug's current status e.g. "looked at but don't know how to
deal with it yet".

You should automatically receive e-mail updates when the status of the bug
is changed, unless you did not mark yourself as being "nosy".

Anyway, I hope that the local PPD installation instructions are helpful.

Cheers,
Brian