Python and Ruby , object oriented questions

Costas Menico costas at meezon.com
Sun May 20 07:42:19 EDT 2001

Roman Suzi <rnd at onego.ru> wrote:

>And I don't know about you, but after learning Python it is
>extremely tough to write in Perl again... It's not religious,
>it's probably objective.

Agreed. I am doing it to lessen my dependence on Microsoft and find a
better language. It so happens that they own a powerful product which
resembles Python, in many respects, called Visual Foxpro, that I have
used for many yeas. They are letting it die a slow and tortuous death
to force us to use VB. Hundreds of thousands of programmers are being
affected by this. Although I have a lot of experience with VB, it
takes much longer to complete appications using it.

I have looked at Perl (too convoluted). I have looked at PHP (cleaner
but also convoluted). Python on the other hand has a nice and clean
syntax (I got over the indentation requirement in two minutes), tons
of support and hundreds of modules.

I am trying to get more frustrated VFP programmers to check out
Python.

Costas