Python and Ruby , object oriented questions

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at bt.com
Tue May 15 09:18:12 EDT 2001

A Meowbot wrote:
> > I am looking for reasons to avoid learning Ruby.
> I've found all along that the more languages I play with, the easier
> it becomes to play with yet more of them.  Do others find it works out
> differently for them,

I agree with you. In fact more than that I'd say knowing
(and using)) several languages is not only useful but
essential.

Thinking back over the projects I've been involved in over
the past 10 years I find that every single one used
multiple languages(in the broadest sense!).

The minimum was:
C, SQL, Bourne shell and awk.

The maximum was:
Assembler, C, C++, Lisp(Flavors), Bourne shell, SQL, awk,
BASIC, DOS BATCH(!!) and Smalltalk/V

The average was 7...

So while I might have favorites I need 'em all.
And its also true that I've learned from them all

Alan G