Python and Ruby , object oriented questions

Paul Prescod paulp at ActiveState.com
Mon May 14 23:02:32 EDT 2001

Andrew Henshaw wrote:

> In other words, protectiveness for a favorite language may be a way of
> self-conservation of one's own effort and energy.

There is some truth to this but I don't think it is the whole truth.
Most people become Python advocates while they still have much larger
investments in other languages. The new converts are often the most
vocal, right?

It's like political parties. You want your programming language to
succeed because it captures your beliefs about how the (computer) world
should work.

--
Take a recipe. Leave a recipe.