Help with creating Python COM

Paul Robinson paul.robinson at businesscollaborator.com
Thu Mar 22 12:55:52 EST 2001

Charlotte Williams wrote:

> I am following a tutorial for creating a Python COM server that will
> interact with a Visual Basic client.

> ImportError: No module named ni
>
> All the tutorials I have encountered tells me that these are the modules
> that must be imported:
>
>  import ni
>  from win32com.server.exception import Exception
>  import win32com.server.util

I think the first line of the tutorial sums it up nicely:
"Last Updated 4 June 1997 9:00 a.m."

The ni module has not been used for a while now. I beleive it's use was
required pre 1.5 to enable package importing....or something like that.

I would reccommend find a more upto date tutorial on Python and COM.
e.g. the docs that come with Pythonwin, Mark Hammonds book - "Python
Programming on win32" - ISBN: 1565926218, Mark's starship page also has
links to sample code tutorials etc:
http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/

Hope that helps.

	Paul.

Paul Robinson
Business Collaborator Development Manager
Enviros Software Solutions
WWW: http://www.businesscollaborator.com