Help with creating Python COM

Charlotte Williams charlottwilliams at mediaone.net
Fri Mar 23 11:57:49 EST 2001

Paul Robinson <paul.robinson at businesscollaborator.com> wrote in message

> I think the first line of the tutorial sums it up nicely:
> "Last Updated 4 June 1997 9:00 a.m."
>
> The ni module has not been used for a while now. I beleive it's use was
> required pre 1.5 to enable package importing....or something like that.
>
> I would reccommend find a more upto date tutorial on Python and COM.
> e.g. the docs that come with Pythonwin, Mark Hammonds book - "Python
> Programming on win32" - ISBN: 1565926218, Mark's starship page also has
> links to sample code tutorials etc:
> http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Paul.
>
> Paul Robinson
> Business Collaborator Development Manager
> Enviros Software Solutions
> WWW: http://www.businesscollaborator.com

Thank you for your help.  I assumed the tutorial was up to date because the
author specified that Python 2.0 was needed for the example to work.  I
browsed Mark Hammond's site and think I can use some of the info there.
However, I looked at his lecture notes from a conference he gave in 2000,
and he mentions the "import ni" as well.  I'll try to see if I can get his
win32 book.  That might clear things up.