SQL-SELECT against View via ODBC?

Bill Seitz fluxent at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 25 16:09:06 EDT 2001

I'm writing ASP page that uses the generic Python ODBC driver to query
MsSql2K. Have some generic Python that grabs both an array of the
resultSet (cursor FetchAll), plus an array of fieldNames (cursor
Description).

When I run this code against a view (which just does a pretty simple
join: have queried the view fine in MsSqlQueryAnalyzer), I get an
error message about

SQL select Failed - "select * from timechargesAsHours" -
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Invalid Descriptor Index in FETCH

Is there a problem getting cursor descriptions via ODBC?