PythonCard mailing list

Andy Todd andy_todd at nospam.yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 20:38:45 EDT 2001

xyzmats at laplaza.org (Mats Wichmann) wrote in
<3b30f568.15994839 at news.laplaza.org>:

>On Wed, 20 Jun 2001 08:55:13 -0700, "Kevin Altis"
><altis at semi-retired.com> wrote:
>
>>My apologies, I forgot that Yahoo Groups (eGroups) apparently
>>requires registration even to just read messages. At least one person
>>has already brought this up here on comp.lang.python.
>>
>>If anyone has a suggestion for a forum where we can discuss, either
>>your own listserv or a free listserv service where we can make
>>individual messages and/or the archives available I would like to
>>make the switch now rather than later.
>

>You could just go ahead and make a SourceForge project for this.  That
>gets you the ability to provide mailing lists, and saves you the
>migration tasks should you decide to start coding.
>
>Bonus:  the mailing list manager there is Mailman, a Python Project.
>That means Barry will fix anything that goes wrong :-) (ahem)
>

>Mats Wichmann
>
>(Anti-spam stuff: to reply remove the "xyz" from the
>address xyzmats at laplaza.org. Not that it helps much...)

As someone pointed out yesterday, there is already a 'pythoncard' project
on SourceForge which isn't quite the same as discussed here (and which
seems to be inactive at the moment).

As this discussion is still in its formative stages its probably best to
refrain from creating a full blown project, at least for a few days. For
starters, we would need to come up with a different project name and that
should probably wait until we've actually figured out what it is that we
want to do ;-)

Follow ups to the mail list ...

Andy
--