httplib and cookies

Johann Hibschman johann at physics.berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 16 12:47:32 EST 2001

Hi folks, webby question here.

Is there a way I can get httplib to handle cookie setting and requests
from the server?

I want to write a quick script that connects to a web site, slurps the
contents, and do something with it.  I can do that easily, if the site
doesn't need cookies, but what can I do if it does?

More concretely, I want to log in to my various web email accounts,
yahoo in particular, slurp the messages from them, add a tag to the
subject lines, and then bounce them to another email account.

Thanks for any help,

--Johann

Johann Hibschman                           johann at physics.berkeley.edu