Curses module for Python 2.0 for Windows NT

Paul Moore paul.moore at uk.origin-it.com
Thu Jan 18 07:37:23 EST 2001

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:13:23 +0100, xyzmats at laplaza.org (Mats
Wichmann) wrote:

>On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:23:42 +0100, jurgen.defurne at philips.com wrote:
>
>>Dear all,
>>
>>I am busy automating tasks across some Windows NT workstations, where
>>I control another program (Continuus/CM, if any one knows that).
>>Unfortunately, that control is not that easy. Ihave built a GUI interface,
>>but I am not really satisfied with it, so I want to simplify it somewhat so that
>>it can run in a DOS box using curses. Is there a curses add-on available
>>for the Win32 binaries ? It sure isn't part of the distribution I am using,
>>which is still the BeOpen version of Python 2.0
>
>Problem is not with Python, but with missing the piece that the curses
>module depends on: curses itself.

Is the pdcurses library
(http://www.lightlink.com/hessling/PDCurses/index.html) not good
enough for this? I thought it was a relatively complete curses
emulation.

I'd look at getting the Python curses module working, but it's bundled
in with the Python sources, and I don't know how to disentangle it...

Paul.