1st install on Linux (RH 7.0) I hit a snaggg !!!

bowman bowman at montana.com
Tue Feb 20 21:53:46 EST 2001

Chris Nelson <fimafeng at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:3A93280C.2080802 at yahoo.com...
> "Tkinter-2.0-8.0-3 requires libtcl8.0.so"
> "Tkinter-2.0-8.0-3 requires libtk8.0.so"
> I show the following RPMs as beeing installed...
> tcl 8.3.1-46
> tcl 8.2.0-46
> tk  8.3.1-46

welcome to rpm hell. tcl8.0 is not tcl8.3. unless you have some
dependencies, you might remove the 8.3 rpms and install 8.0. I don't know if
the problems were resolved, but there were some issues with 8.3 that caused
people building packages that required tcl/tk to revert back to 8.0. rpm's
are fine things, but they imply your machine has all the bits and pieces
that the build machine had, which is not always the case.