PEP status and python-dev summaries

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Fri Feb 9 16:34:02 EST 2001

Andrew Cooke <andrew at intertrader.com> writes:
> All IMHO - I'm not involved in Python, just curious about how this
> problem is going to be handled.  How is it handled in Perl?  Is there a
> Python equivalent of the porters, for example?

python-dev is the equivalent of perl5-porters.  However, Perl hasn't
previously had a formal mechanism such as PEPs; a bunch of RFCs were
written for Perl 6, but who knows if such formality will continue once
actual development starts?  It seems like a curious cultural
difference; c.l.python posters often suggest new language features,
while in the Perl and Tcl groups, there are very few postings which
suggest language changes.

--amk