PEP status and python-dev summaries

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Fri Feb 9 16:00:33 EST 2001

"Andrew Kuchling" <akuchlin at mems-exchange.org> wrote in message
news:3dg0hn8zlr.fsf at ute.cnri.reston.va.us...
> Jeremy Hylton <jeremy at alum.mit.edu> writes:
> > - Regular announcements of PEP creation and PEP status changes should
> >   be posted to comp.lang.python and c.l.p.a.
>
> Should the full text of PEPs be posted at some point?  Perhaps the
> first draft, and significant revisions, should be posted so that
> people can follow-up directly to the PEP.  "Significant" will be left
> up to the PEP author; you wouldn't repost after every typo or minor
> clarification, but if your first approach was completely bogus, you'd
> post the massively revised version.

Since most mail users will have web access, might I suggest a weekly summary
of changes rather than complete PEP postings? Anyone who wants the full text
should be able tp access it from sourceforge. Configuration control would be
nice, to allow differencing, but that would be an option only few would use
(I suspect).

regards
 Steve