Heh, Re: PEP status and python-dev summaries

Roy Katz katz at Glue.umd.edu
Fri Feb 9 17:53:05 EST 2001

On 9 Feb 2001, Andrew Kuchling wrote:

> actual development starts?  It seems like a curious cultural
> difference; c.l.python posters often suggest new language features,
> while in the Perl and Tcl groups, there are very few postings which
> suggest language changes.

what's so inconsistent here?  IMHO, the only reason Python programmers ask
for more language features is because Python is not already
feature-saturated like Perl.  Perlers have a mammoth gorilla of a language
to contend with:  everyone has already requested features, and they've
all gotten accepted (IMHO that's perl's problem; *all* the
proposals were accepted, even if they overlapped -- remember, there's more than one
way to do it! :-P)

Rehashing stuff I couldn't pass up to include:

couldn't interfaces be implemented as mixin classes?

Roey

gxis la revido!
I hope I got that right :-)