Tinker vs wxPython ?- Opinions/Views

adina_levin at mindspring.com adina_levin at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 8 23:14:25 EST 2001

For experienced programmers who are familiar with the basic GUI toolkit
pattern, the Wx code examples are probably pretty obvious.

For new programmers, the Tk tutorials will explain basic concepts such as a
hierarchy of widgets, configuration with parameters, assigning callback
options, and visual layout using constraints, grid, or page positioning.

Wrote my first GUI app last weekend and struggled mightily with Wx, then
gave up -- I wasn't able to pick out the patterns from the sample code.

Then I read through the "Programming Python" chapters on Tkinter, and was
enlightened.

a-liberal-arts-major-who-learns-quicker-from-sentences-than-raw-code

news:3C12E168.91F9129A at engcorp.com...