age of new pythonistas [was: The Editor Poll results are in!]

Kirill Miazine km-list-python at miazine.net
Fri Dec 21 05:02:50 EST 2001

* Dan Compton <coca at houston.rr.com> [20011220 21:48]:
> Tk!).  So now I come upon Python and it looks like it's going to stay.

Me too. I used Perl for a quite long project (2 years, still ongoing).
Now I quit there and start in a new job and Python is the language of
choice in that company. So nice :-)

>  I use a laptop with linux (no internet) and a desktop with windows
> (with internet and burner) and am glad to say that everything works
> well cross-platform.  I have already interfaced some of my C code with

I still didn't try anything outside OpenBSD. Although I will probably
try to run some of my apps on Windows some day.

> Python on Windows but since I really HATE VC++ (no, it does not
> compile C++, it compiles some made up stuff MS calls C++), I'm going
> to do more of that in Linux.  I think Python is great because it is
> well designed (unlike Perl), it has many features and modules (unlike

You can't say Perl is badly designed just because you found "it to be
way too much of an intimidating mess of syntax and modules".

--
Kirill
Copyleft Software AS