Deprecate tabs for indenting (was Re: Indenting with tabs vs spaces)

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Wed Dec 5 15:16:31 EST 2001

slinkp23 at yahoo.com (Paul Winkler) writes:

> On Mon, 3 Dec 2001 12:07:20 +0100, Andreas Kostyrka <andreas at mtg.co.at> wrote:
> >Were does it say so? I've been programming Python with mixed spaces/tabs
> >since 1.3. Works like a charm. Just never forget to install python-mode.el ;)
>
> Which means the editor is replacing each tab level with 4 spaces,
> so there are no tabs in your code.

Not necessarily. For one, this is of course configurable, but even more
important because Adreas started with Python 1.3, it wasn't always the
default setting. When I started to use python-mode (around Python 1.4)
mixed tab/space indentation was default.

  Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Sketch                                 http://sketch.sourceforge.net/