Deprecate tabs for indenting (was Re: Indenting with tabs vs spaces)

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Dec 5 11:27:06 EST 2001

In article <23891c90.0112050738.60ed8b25 at posting.google.com>, Paul
Boddie <paul at boddie.net> writes
>Steve Lamb <grey at despair.dmiyu.org> wrote in message news:<slrna0prl7.kjs.grey at t
>eleute.dmiyu.org>...
>> OR...  are you going to admit that you were
>> purposely misrepresenting what you fully knew what a tab represented in this
>> context just to get a rise out of me?
>
>Yes. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. :-)
>
>Paul
>
>P.S. Actually, I'm much more serious about the whole indentation thing
>in other forums, but you wading into this debate as you did really
>invited some irreverence.

The reason why these 'simple' threads get so much attention and heat is
that the majority of people can understand the issues. The board of
directors passes the £multi-million factory rebuild in ten minutes, but
spends an hour worrying about the workers' bike shed.

This and emac vs vi are among the most interesting issues :)
--
Robin Becker