Pmw ScrolledListBox width

David Allen mda at idatar.com
Fri Aug 17 01:56:20 EDT 2001

In article <9li3rt$ntm$1 at bob.news.rcn.net>, "Jerry Gitomer"
<jgitomer at erols.com> wrote:

> Okay,
>
>         I must be overlooking the obvious, but how do I specify the
> width of the text in a Pmw ScrolledListBox?  I tried reading the docs and
> then I started experimenting  -- and nothing seems to work.
>
>         I used the All.py program in the Pmw/demos directory as a
> starting point so I have two panes with the left containing the treeList and
> the right open for my called modules to use.  There must be room to support
> a width of 90 characters and 30 rows, but all I can get are 7 rows and 20
> some odd characters of width.

When you create the ScrolledListBox component, try specifying
"hull_width" and "hull_height" along with "usehullsize=1".  Example from
ScrolledListBox.py in the "demo" directory of the Pmw distribution:

        # Create the ScrolledListBox.
        self.box = Pmw.ScrolledListBox(parent,
                items=('Sydney', 'Melbourne', 'Brisbane'),
                labelpos='nw',
                label_text='Cities',
                listbox_height = 6,
                selectioncommand=self.selectionCommand,
                dblclickcommand=self.defCmd,
                usehullsize = 1,
                hull_width = 200,
                hull_height = 200,
        )

Hope this helps.  I don't know of a way where you can say "make the window
wide enough to hold 40 characters" - just that you can specify pixel
widths like this.

--
David Allen
http://opop.nols.com/
>This is the `hash' symbol and makes #! at the start of a shell script
>`hash bang'.
Yes, and #!/bin/bash is thus pronounced "hash bang slash bin slash
bash".
		-- From comp.lang.lisp