Tkinter and wxPython

jason petrone jp at NOSPAMdemonseed.net
Fri Apr 20 15:38:04 EDT 2001

Coy Krill <ckrill at qvlinc.com> wrote:
> Now I use PyQt.  Why?  It's very good.  The widgets, there coding and
> their use is more logical to me, if that statement makes any sense.  I
> wrote a quick and dirty check writer in less than 2 work days and I
> didn't know anything about PyQt or Qt at the time.  I read through
> Boudewin Rempt and Cameron Lairds PyQt article and wrote the code.

I would love to use PyQT, but doesn't it require shelling out $$$ to trolltech
for a QT-win32 license?

I suppose this would be reasonable for most people, but I'm not paid to build
guis, I just write them to make life easier.  I need them to run on windows so
that I can share them with my coworkers.

It would be nice if there was a way to distribute a PyQT-win32 binary module
that wasn't in violation of trolltechs license.

Until then I guess I'll have to stick with wxWindows.

-jason