Tkinter and wxPython

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Fri Apr 20 19:37:05 EDT 2001

In article <s63qb9.6s6.ln at demonseed.net>,
jason petrone  <jp at NOSPAMdemonseed.net> wrote:
>Coy Krill <ckrill at qvlinc.com> wrote:
>> Now I use PyQt.  Why?  It's very good.  The widgets, there coding and
>> their use is more logical to me, if that statement makes any sense.  I
>> wrote a quick and dirty check writer in less than 2 work days and I
>> didn't know anything about PyQt or Qt at the time.  I read through
>> Boudewin Rempt and Cameron Lairds PyQt article and wrote the code.
>
>I would love to use PyQT, but doesn't it require shelling out $$$ to trolltech
>for a QT-win32 license?
			.
			.
			.
No!

It's a good question.  Boudewijn has researched this
carefully, though, and talked to the Trolltech people.
His unequivocal conclusion, worked out with Trolltech's
knowledge:  "PyQt is free for Windows and Unix."

In the normal course of events, I'd give a URL for the
article where we published this.  To my considerable
regret and annoyance, it's gone off-line temporarily.
The publisher has assured me, though, that it'll be
restored before long.  Those with an interest in such
things are welcome to bookmark my "Personal notes on
..." pages, where I'll update the hyperlinks as soon
as they return to life.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net