ASP Won't Recognize Python

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 5 04:55:23 EDT 2001

"James O. Davis" <fleubis at jps.net> wrote in message
news:fe0p0t8p832ggqvaf7jforrfbe7dgessbp at 4ax.com...
> Aha! Thanks Alex! From what I see on the web page, win32all seems to
> not be applicable for Python 2.0 under Windows, from what I can

Yes it is -- you just need the right release of win32all (one that
supports Python 2.0) from the ActiveState site.

> see....so I downloaded ActivePython 2.0 and tried this one.  Scripting
> works, but the IDE does not come up and the installation may not have

IDLE, you mean?  It doesn't come with ActivePython -- which is
why I generally work by installing the standard Python distro
first, and then win32all on top of it.

> been completely successfull since no menu shows in my Start menu,
> unlike Python 2.0....but I'm better off than I was before...now if I
> can just get that IDE working....

Maybe uninstalling everything, then going back to standard
Python, and the right win32all release on top, is easiest.

Alex