Anyone able to compare the commercial IDEs available?

Dave LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Wed Apr 18 12:10:57 EDT 2001

Codewright (www.premia.com) really does rock, although i've gotten
tired of the annual updates and the difficulty in doind some kinds of
enhancements to the tool itself.

As for the "Microsoft Visual Studio" IDE - it is crude, arrogant
(Making or disposed to make claims to unwarranted importance or
consideration out of overbearing pride.), indiffferently documented,
poor in quality and generally makes doing almost anything far harder
then it needs to be. OTOH, the compiler isn't bad - if you don't mind
avalances of meaningless error messages in response to trivial errors.
It also suffers to a far, far worse degree then Codewright with major
prices for relatively minor to non-existant improvements aside from UI
thrashing.

Of course <sigh>, I have to use it every day :(

Dave LeBlanc