Python and Lotus Notes

Craig Allen cba at mediaone.net
Tue Oct 17 22:48:17 EDT 2000

> Has anyone used Python 1.5 and COM for Lotus Notes 5.02 and up? I am
> able to Initialize a new notes session, but cannot access the my mail
> database on the Domino server. I believe the COM call to GetDatabase
> returns an object, and this is where the problem lies. I have gotten
> this to work under VB6, but would prefer to use Python.
Have you tried making a local replica of your mail database (or some subset) and
using your Python code against it?  As you no doubt know, Notes allows full
access to local database but may require a password for external programs (e.g.
EasySync for PalmPilot) that access server-based databases.  I don't know if
that's your situation, nor do I know how to supply a password from a Python
program.

Also, check out http://www.zope.org/Members/cba/Domino_and_Zope _ know that
example (uses local address book) works.

Craig
--
Craig Allen  - Managing Partner - Mutual Alchemy
Web Architecture - http://alchemy.nu