PythonWin IDE sucks!

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at out-think.NOSPAMco.uk
Fri Oct 27 15:06:35 EDT 2000

OK. I give up.

This newsgroup has to get the prize for some of the fragile, sensitive
egos on the net.

I've just received this by email:

"As a friend of the person who wrote PythonWin, I didn't see anything
lighthearted about your message at all and although I have some ideas
to help you improve your situation, there is no way I am going to
bother unless you apologize. I suspect a lot of very knowledgeable
people reading the list feel the same way.
Paul Prescod"

If you want to have a go at me, please have the balls to do it on the
original forum.

FWIW, I have exchanged several emails with Mark Hammond and hold him
in high esteem. I thinkI have even thanked him for introducing me to
Python through the book he co-authored with Andy Robinson.

If I believed this to be a real problem with PythonWin, I would
probably have emailed Mark directly, however, I was half expecting
someone to reply that I was being a twat and should so such-and-such
and the problem would go away.

Instead I find I am surrounded by a bunch of frail-hearts who
come-over all faint when the language departs from the usual
obsequious pleas for help.

Not all, thankfully. I have had a few very helpful emails who seem to
have taken my original post in the light it was intended.

I feel no apology is required as no offence was intended.

--
Dale Strickland-Clark
Out-Think Ltd