Using Python in AI/3D Simulation

Nick Trout nickatvideosystemdotcodotuk
Mon Oct 2 08:34:42 EDT 2000

> I'm working on a 3D simulation project in Python with a high degree of AI
in
> it. I want to demonstrate a set of bots operating in a 3d landscape,
finding
> specified objects, avoiding obstacles, learning ( ie. remembering objects
> location and the shortest path to it ), evaluation of cost in energi for
> movement in the 3d terrain and interaction among the bots. All of this are
> just in the planning phase right now, but I need some info to get started.
> Does anybody has any hint on what to start with ( docs, tutorials etc. ) ?
> Preferrably things in Python, pseudo-code etc.
>
> The goal is to create a virtual world where players can control bots and
> operate in a complex environment, but first I need to get the simulation
> going.

You could look at Blender. It uses Python scripting and you're supposed to
be able to interactively write games with it.

Failing that CrystalSpace (on Sourceforge) is planning to use Python as a
scripting language (don't know where they're up to on that).

There are a number of open source renderers and games on Sourceforge, you
may be able to modify them to do what you want.

/N