Using Python in AI/3D Simulation

Thomas Weholt thomas at cintra.no
Mon Oct 2 07:23:04 EDT 2000

Hi,

I'm working on a 3D simulation project in Python with a high degree of AI in
it. I want to demonstrate a set of bots operating in a 3d landscape, finding
specified objects, avoiding obstacles, learning ( ie. remembering objects
location and the shortest path to it ), evaluation of cost in energi for
movement in the 3d terrain and interaction among the bots. All of this are
just in the planning phase right now, but I need some info to get started.
Does anybody has any hint on what to start with ( docs, tutorials etc. ) ?
Preferrably things in Python, pseudo-code etc.

The goal is to create a virtual world where players can control bots and
operate in a complex environment, but first I need to get the simulation
going.

Thanks for any input.

Thomas Weholt