Options for use of Python in dynamic web-pages?

echuck at mindspring.com echuck at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 5 22:37:34 EDT 2000

After some initial set up of WebKit, it's just about as easy to write a
servlet as it is a CGI script. And you can run the WebKit app server in
either "CGI mode" or "persistent mode". You also don't have to embrace
anything beyond WebKit if you don't want to, but you can. For example,
there is PSP: Python Server Pages.

Also, WebKit can use various technologies like mod_python and FastCGI
to make the app server even faster.

WebKit is part of Webware for Python, http://webware.sourceforge.net

I highly recommend it. Of course, I would since I started the
project.  ;-)

-Chuck

In article <8rf0u1$rlf$1 at news1.xs4all.nl>,
  "Iwan van der  Kleyn" <ivdkleyn at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have to implement a website with quite a lot of dynamic web-pages
for a
> non-profit organisation. Because of this the target-platforms are
Linux,
> Apache and Python (budgetary reasons; Python has been selected for
its ease
> of use though) . However, the present (static) site already generates
quite
> a lot of traffic so, guessing from all the negative commentary
considering
> the performance of Python with "plain" CGI I've found on the Web,
I'll need
> a special module wich integrates the Python interpreter into Apache.
(Zope
> is no option BTW, too complex for the moment :-)
>
> My question is: which one? I've found several modules wich promises
fast use
> of Python: pyApache, the "Python FastCGI Wrapper",
> mod_Python and "Webware for Python". Could anyone give advice about
which
> product to use? Are they stable, any disadvantages?
>
> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Iwan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.