Options for use of Python in dynamic web-pages?

Michael Haggerty mhagger at alum.mit.edu
Wed Oct 11 19:24:19 EDT 2000

"Iwan van der  Kleyn" <ivdkleyn at xs4all.nl> writes:
> I have to implement a website with quite a lot of dynamic web-pages
> for a non-profit organisation. Because of this the target-platforms
> are Linux, Apache and Python (budgetary reasons; Python has been
> selected for its ease of use though). [...] I'll need a special
> module wich integrates the Python interpreter into Apache.

[Disclaimer: I work on PyWX]

If you are willing to consider Linux + AOLserver + Python, you should
consider PyWX (see http://pywx.idyll.org/).  Don't be turned off by
the server name; AOLserver is a free, open source web server that is
quite well designed and just happens to be supported by AOL.  You say
performance is an issue and AOLserver excels here--it is multithreaded
so it is quite easy to use persistent database connections or to cache
other information in memory.  The AOLserver API is a bit different
than CGI but very easy to use and fully accessible by your Python
scripts.

Yours,
Michael

--