JPython Status

Ivan Frohne frohne at gci.net
Wed Oct 4 17:48:22 EDT 2000

<shindich at my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8rfqga$9sd$1 at nnrp1.deja.com...
> While I see the importance of JPython, I would go as far as saying that
> JPython should be the main Python vehicle. Let's not forget that Java
> is not open source. Scott McNealy is free to screw every one up,
> whenever he feels like it.

I guess you meant you would NOT want JPython to be the Python standard bearer.
But CPython is not really open source, either.  Guido is free to screw every one up.
And, of course, Visual C is not in any sense open source.  So the (rather large)
Windows community might prefer a viable Jpython.  Right now it seems to
be withering on the vine.

-Ivan Frohne