Newbie biting off more than he can chew, can you lend some molars?

Quinn Dunkan quinn at chunder.ugcs.caltech.edu
Mon Oct 30 18:15:41 EST 2000

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000 17:57:22 GMT, dwelden at my-deja.com <dwelden at my-deja.com>
wrote:
>I have a vendor supplied Perl module that I would like to convert into
>a Python module. I am very new to Python and don't have much of a clue
>on creating extension modules, but from what I have learned so far it
>looks like what I want to do is feasible.

Uh, do you mean converting a C perl module to a C python module, or perl perl
module to python python module?

>Any takers?

If you mean "if I send the source to you will you do half the work and I'll do
the other half", you're unlikely to get many takers unless you can be more
specific :)  If you say what it is you're doing, you may get (in order of
probability): a pointer to an existing python module or project that's
similar, suggestions about how to go about implementation, or maybe even
someone willing to write it for you (doubtful, that last one :) )