com_addbyte

Pete Shinners pete at visionart.com
Tue Oct 31 14:39:51 EST 2000

<etsang at my-deja.com> wrote
> there is a function which takes in more than 255 parameters, and once
> that number of parameters are reduced, Python does not complain anymore.
>
> So is there a way to get around that?
>
> Sample function declaration in issue:
> def func1(a,b,c,d[A,B,C,D], ..... 364 parameters):
>
> Can someone give me a sample on solution to this problem?

it sounds like everything you're doing would be cleaned up
by placing all the arguments into a sequence for dictionary.

i can't think of a situation where it would be preferrable
for 200+ individual arguments, and opposed to just using a
list of values

read up on maps and lists/tuples, it won't be difficult
to get it working.

def func1(list_of_values):
    pass

def func2(map_of_values):
    pass

list_with_many_members = range(364)
func1(list_with_many_members)

map_with_few_members = {'a':1, 'b':2, 'c':3}
func2(map_with_few_members)