python's acceptance

Ulf Engstrøm ulf.engstrom at b2b-link.com
Thu May 4 09:02:25 EDT 2000

Not at all a reply, but something I've been thinking about (well, actually,
customers are wondering) and that kinda has to do with this.
'What is the gain for a customer when I'm using Python as oppesed to Java,
C/C++, VB, Perl...?'
On the programming side it's easy to give examples of 'why Python'. I have
several reason myself for the customer side as well and management here can
come up with quite a few more. But what I'm wondering is if there excists
such a list already, with comparisons. If there is one, where? If not, let's
create one for all of us to post up to, something everyone can use.
Eventhough we know why to use it ourselves, it sometimes hard to convince a
customer.
Anyway, on top of the list is for sure: 'The great Python community' :)
Regards
Ulf