Python x ibook (Mac)

Luc Lefebvre lefebvre at medz.mcgill.ca
Fri Mar 31 09:57:16 EST 2000

In article <l0310280cb5097202e2fc@[193.78.237.136]>, Just van Rossum
<just at letterror.com> wrote:

> At 7:45 PM +0000 30-03-2000, Matheus Rodrigues wrote:
> >Does it mean that IDLE and the Tkinter extensions work fine too ?
>
> Big Oops: Tkinter works, but not as smoothly. IDLE can be made to work, but
> not very well. I should've mentioned that. I guess I'm in a denial phase ;-)
>
> The good news is that the MacPython IDE isn't too bad, except it doesn't do
> syntax coloring...
>
> >You said "no threading (yet)". Is there anyone working on that ?
>
> Yes, Jack Jansen and others are working on integrating GUSI2, which offers
> posix threads under MacOS, as well as thread safe sockets.
>
> Just

Hi,

I think that there is a module in the contribs folder of the mac distro
that includes syntax coloring for the Mac IDE....  I fiddled a bit (still
a newbie) with Tkinter and PMW and both seem to work OK (I believe their
limitations are that of Tcl/Tk on the Mac, I would expect that as the
Tcl/Tk Mac port improves so will Tkinter and PMW...).

--
***     Luc Lefebvre
NOTE:   if your reply via email