Python x ibook (Mac)

Just van Rossum just at letterror.com
Thu Mar 30 16:07:25 EST 2000

At 7:45 PM +0000 30-03-2000, Matheus Rodrigues wrote:
>Does it mean that IDLE and the Tkinter extensions work fine too ?

Big Oops: Tkinter works, but not as smoothly. IDLE can be made to work, but
not very well. I should've mentioned that. I guess I'm in a denial phase ;-)

The good news is that the MacPython IDE isn't too bad, except it doesn't do
syntax coloring...

>You said "no threading (yet)". Is there anyone working on that ?

Yes, Jack Jansen and others are working on integrating GUSI2, which offers
posix threads under MacOS, as well as thread safe sockets.

Just