Web server executing Python scripts

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Fri Jun 30 23:17:34 EDT 2000

In article <2B1262E83448D211AE4B00A0C9D61B030130125E at msgeuro1.creo.be>,
Pieter Claerhout  <PClaerhout at CREO.BE> wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I'm working on a web based system, which consist of a whole
>bunch of Python scripts, which connect to a bunch of machines
>on a network (either using ethernet or dailup networking) and
>execute some to code to for example get things from the
>windows registry of those machines.
>
>What do you think would be the best idea?
>- Use whatever webbrowser with CGI-scripting
>- Use MS IIS with ASP (and Python)
>- Use Zope to build the whole system?
>
>It should also connect to a database running on the host.
>

>Pieter

Others have already demonstrated that there's a large
... situational, if not subjective, component to the
decision about which Web server to use.

Your first paragraph interests me.  Do you realize
that Python can retrieve registry information directly
through your LAN, without a need for installation of
"some to code" on the reporting hosts?
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net