Python in home automation

Frank Steele fsteele at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 20 16:45:30 EDT 2000

In article <m3r99swt4x.fsf at hare.demon.co.uk>, Les Smithson
<lsmithso at hare.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I have some Python scripts that control a TWSER & TW523. This includes
> low-level drivers, and a higher-level server that lets you control X10
> over a network. I also wrote a simple TkInter GUI for controlling my
> X10 devices.
>
> A while ago I spoke to someone who hacked my code to work with a
> CM12U. We planned to rework this code to properly support both TW523
> and CM12U, but nothing ever came of it.
>
> Is it time to resurrect this?

I would certainly be interested in having a look and modifying these for
my own (sinister) purposes, after which I would be happy to share
changes back into the community.

I had one other response, so I suppose we could actually try to work
together in an organized way to move the project forward....

Any other takers?

please-take-one-step-forward'ly y'rs,

Frank
fsteele at mindspring.com