Python in home automation

Les Smithson lsmithso at hare.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 20 06:20:46 EDT 2000

I have some Python scripts that control a TWSER & TW523. This includes
low-level drivers, and a higher-level server that lets you control X10
over a network. I also wrote a simple TkInter GUI for controlling my
X10 devices.

A while ago I spoke to someone who hacked my code to work with a
CM12U. We planned to rework this code to properly support both TW523
and CM12U, but nothing ever came of it.

Is it time to resurrect this?

    news-server> Sounds like an opportunity to me.  A good start would
    news-server> be to develop some low -level classes to control the
    news-server> more common devices.  That would simple enough... A
    news-server> MisterHouse type project would require substantial
    news-server> effort though.

    news-server> "Frank Steele" <fsteele at mindspring.com> wrote in
    news-server> message
    news-server> news:fsteele-E5789E.13533715062000 at news.inet-systems.net...