Python GUI requires tcl?

Shae Erisson shapr at uab.edu
Sat Jun 3 17:39:21 EDT 2000

Joe Smith wrote:

> Could one use jpython and use java's graphics library?  How stable is
> that?

JPython is as stable as the JVM you run it on in my experience. This
means you could happily access any java based editor such as jEdit from
jpython. I don't think there are any Python specific java-based editors
though.

There is a very cool jTkinter module written by Finn Bock on
sourceforge:
https://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=1133
The cool part about this is that it lets you run IDLE and other Tkinter
apps in Jpython.
--
sHae mAtijs eRisson (sHae at wEbwitchEs.coM) gEnius fOr hIre
   bRing mE fIve sQuirrels aNd nO oNe wIll gEt hUrt