SV: Python Productivity over C++

Thomas Thiele thiele at muc.das-werk.de
Tue Jun 13 11:01:45 EDT 2000

> Yup.  And that's precisely why Python looks better and better as your
> programs get larger.  Python allows you to concentrate on your problem
> rather than the language.  Python literally allows you to develop the
> code for your algorithm in realtime, rather than designing your
> algorithm and *then* writing the code to match your algorithm.

The only difference I see between developing algorythms in C++ and Python
is that python needs no time for compiling. But the advantage of C++ is that I
get
the most error messages during compilation (-> earlier!)

And I think the developing overhead (algorithms, class design) is larger than
translation into a special language.